So you can observe and practice in the classroom with a teacher who is effective and experienced. Many principals prefer teachers with experience under their belts and you are more likely to be successful, faster, if you have a high-quality pre-service (classroom) experience.
Want help finding the right program for you?
Talk to one of our advisors. They’ll give you 1-on-1 support for choosing a program, and answer any questions you have about how to become a teacher.
Other Programs Serving North Carolina
Other programs serving North Carolina are separated into two categories:
- Institutions of Higher Education with Approved EPPs: Educator preparation programs housed within a college or university.
- Additional Authorized EPPs: Educator preparation programs that provide an alternative route to licensure, not housed within a college or university.
Institutions of Higher Education with Approved EPPs
Additional Authorized EPPs
Create an Account
Sign up for your free, all-access pass to TEACH products and services.
- Create a career roadmap.
- Get 1-on-1 expert advice.
- Follow how-to guides for getting licensed.
- Access prep program application checklists.
- Claim fee reimbursements towards application and testing expenses.
We’re always working on something new to help the next generation of great teachers. With an account, you get first dibs!
Enter your email to get the updates that matter.
- Career insights.
- Teacher spotlights.
- Think pieces on the state of education.
- Deadline reminders.
You can always customize what and when you hear from us.