Save Your Money
- If you have not applied to a program
- If you have already applied to a program
- Sign up for a TeachNC account.
- Fill out this Google Form to verify that you recently applied to one of our partner educator preparation programs, and to document the fees you incurred.
- If eligible, you'll get up to $100 reimbursed towards your application and testing fees!
Note: Once you submit the form, please allow up to 15 business days for processing. Currently, reimbursements can only be provided via PayPal or Venmo.
Keep in Mind
- You must create a TeachNC account prior to submitting your application to be eligible.
- Your application must be to one of our partner educator preparation programs.
- Test fees are only reimbursed if they are required to submit an application.
TEACH Fee Reimbursement FAQs
- How do the TEACH fee reimbursements work?
This is a perk designed for future teachers like you! All eligible applicants will receive a $100 reimbursement through PayPal or Venmo for expenses related to applying for an educator preparation program. Simply:
- Are my expenses eligible for reimbursement?
Expenses are considered eligible if all of the following are met:
- You signed up for a TeachNC account before you applied to an educator prep program
- You applied to one of our partner educator preparation programs
- If the action or item you paid for was required in order to apply to the program, including: application fees, transcript fees, testing fees, and other application-related expenses
- You submit copies of official documentation that includes dates for when you applied to the preparation program and incurred the expenses
- You provide valid PayPal or Venmo account information, so we can issue you payment
- What makes expenses ineligible for reimbursement?
Expenses are considered ineligible if any of the following are true:
- You signed up for a TeachNC account after you applied to an educator prep program
- You did not apply to one of our partner educator preparation programs
- If the action or item you paid for was not required in order to apply to the program, including costs required in order to enroll in or complete the program. Examples include: test preparation materials, testing fees (if not required to apply), tuition, books, etc.
- The files you submit do not meet the requirements because they don’t include a date, are not official copies of communications from the institution, or are provided in an unreadable format
- You provide invalid or incomplete PayPal or Venmo account information
- What documents should I submit as proof? What do they need to show?
You should submit copies of official documents that prove that you applied to one of our partner educator preparation programs and that the expenses you incurred related to the application process. You do not need to submit proof that you signed up for a free TeachNC account.
The documents should be submitted as a PDF, screenshot or image file that includes your name, the date, the expense, and the relationship to the application process. You may choose to redact personally identifiable information that is not listed here (e.g. your address).
- When should I apply for reimbursement?
You should apply for reimbursement after you’ve signed up for a TeachNC account, applied to a partner educator preparation program, and incurred the expense(s) related to the application process.
- How many reimbursements are issued per person?
We will only reimburse each person up to $100 in total for all expenses incurred, whether those expenses are submitted through one form or multiple forms over time.
- When & how will I get reimbursed? What if I don’t hear back?
You will be reimbursed through PayPal or Venmo within 15 business days of submitting your fee reimbursement request if you have met all of the eligibility criteria. Due to the high volume of requests, we will not contact you directly if your request is incomplete or ineligible. Please refer to the eligibility criteria listed on this page, and if you still have questions, please contact email@example.com.
- What if I can’t get the form to work?
- How else can I offset the cost of becoming a teacher?
Enter your email to get the updates that matter.
- Career insights.
- Teacher spotlights.
- Think pieces on the state of education.
- Deadline reminders.
You can always customize what and when you hear from us.