Your path to becoming a teacher should be full of opportunities. Why not enter to win our $1,000 scholarship to add one more? After you apply to a partner teacher prep program, just fill out our simple form. If you win, you'll receive the funds once you've enrolled in the program.
How to Apply
We love that you’re becoming a teacher. We love it so much that we’re offering a limited number of $1,000 scholarships to educator preparation program applicants.
Here’s how you apply:
- Sign up for a TeachNC account.
- Submit an application to one of our partner educator preparation programs.
- Complete this form and provide proof of your application by December 31.
- Once all of these steps are complete, you'll be entered to win a $1,000 scholarship to help cover the cost of your tuition
TEACH Scholarship FAQs
- How does the $1000 TEACH scholarship work?
The $1000 TEACH scholarship is an award for future teachers like you! Simply 1) sign up for a free TEACH account and then 2) apply to a partner Educator Preparation Program (EPP) to be eligible for the scholarship. All eligible submissions will be entered into a random drawing.
You must be admitted to and enroll in a partner EPP to receive the scholarship funds.
- How many scholarships are awarded?
TEACH awards two (2) scholarships per year per partner region. We typically conduct one drawing each summer (in August) and one drawing in the winter (January).
Applying multiple times does not increase your chances of winning, and any duplicate entries for future deadlines will be considered ineligible. Please only submit one application.
- Is this the same as the federal TEACH grant?
No. The TEACH Grant Program is a federal program that provides grants of up to $4,000 a year to students who 1) are completing or plan to complete coursework needed to begin a career in teaching and who 2) teach in a high-need field in a low-income area.
- When should I apply to the scholarship?
- Is there a GPA requirement?
No. However, your EPP may have its own GPA requirements for admission into their program.
- What type of document should I provide as proof?
You should provide a document that includes proof of your application to one of our educator preparation programs. The document should be a copy of an official document or email from the institution, including the date received, and should be provided as a PDF, screenshot or image file.
To submit the form, you’ll need to create a URL that links to the documents you wish to share. You can create a URL by uploading the document to a cloud sharing service like Google Drive, Dropbox, or Office 365.
- What if I can’t get the form to work?
- To submit the form, you’ll need to create a URL that links to the documents you wish to share. You can create a URL by uploading the document to a cloud sharing service like Google Drive, Dropbox, or Office 365.
- If you still aren’t able to submit the form, please use these instructions to submit your alternate application by email.
- What can I use the money for?
The $1000 can be used toward tuition or other program-related expenses at a partner EPP. The funds can be sent directly to the EPP, or they can be paid directly to you so they can be used for other teacher preparation expenses like books, laptops, transportation, etc...
- When will I hear back?
If your name is chosen, you can expect to hear back from us 1-2 weeks after the scholarship deadline. Because we receive a large number of applications, we do not reach out to scholarship applicants that are deemed ineligible or whose names were not drawn.
- When can I use my scholarship? When and how will the money be disbursed?
If you’re selected,your scholarship funds will be awarded within 1-2 weeks after you’ve provided us with all of the required documentation, including proof you’ve enrolled in the EPP and payment related instructions. Payments can be issued directly to your EPP or to you through PayPal.
- Is this scholarship renewable?
The scholarship is a non-renewable, one-time award.
- Can I use it with my regular Financial Aid or other awards?
- Are there any other scholarships I can apply for?
Enter your email to get the updates that matter.
- Career insights.
- Teacher spotlights.
- Think pieces on the state of education.
- Deadline reminders.
You can always customize what and when you hear from us.