Apply to a Program the Easier Way
Get to know the application process for educator preparation programs so you can get started on the right foot.
Don’t waste time. Make your application stand out with these free tools.
Streamline Your Application
Have you found the programs you like? It’s time to apply! Don’t worry: We’re always here if you need a boost.
Before you apply
Every program is different, but the one you apply to should be:
- State-approved for where you want to teach. TeachNC only recommends state-approved programs.
- Offers a credential in the subject and grade you want to teach.
- (Bonus) Is nationally accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
It’s go time
Your application is a one-stop-shop for admissions officers to review your fit for their program. At the end of the day, your application joins many others, so remember to make your admissions essay stand out: Consider your audience, mention relevant background and include personal experience.
Take the Stress Out of Applying—Talk to an Expert
Want some 1-on-1 advice? Sign up to discuss program requirements and deadlines. Our coaches will walk you through application steps and give you pro tips along the way.
- Personalized Advice. Our coaches get to know you, so the advice is worthwhile.
- Three Ways to Chat - Phone, video or email—we’ve got you covered.
- Free Tools and Resources - Get an all-access pass to all TeachNC products and services once you schedule a call.
Stay on Track with Application Checklists
Create an application checklist to keep track of all program requirements, get deadline reminders, and access best practices along the way. Then you can focus on what matters most: getting accepted and becoming a teacher.
Get Reimbursed for Your Expenses
Applying to an educator preparation program means paying out of pocket for testing and application fees. That's why we offer fee reimbursements to TeachNC users. If you apply to one of our partner programs, we'll refund you up to $100 towards your expenses.
Free Prep for Required Testing
Many programs require that you take and pass one or more content-area tests. Check requirements for your program and get free test prep in our testing guide.
Not sure which tests you need to take or how to prepare for them? Don't worry, there's a coach for that. Sign up to talk with an advisor for free personalized advice. You can schedule a call, send a chat or email, or video conference. However and whenever you want help, we're here for you.
Create an Account
Sign up for your free, all-access pass to TEACH products and services.
- Create a career roadmap.
- Get 1-on-1 expert advice.
- Follow how-to guides for getting licensed.
- Access prep program application checklists.
- Claim fee reimbursements towards application and testing expenses.
We’re always working on something new to help the next generation of great teachers. With an account, you get first dibs!
Enter your email to get the updates that matter.
- Career insights.
- Teacher spotlights.
- Think pieces on the state of education.
- Deadline reminders.
You can always customize what and when you hear from us.