Beaufort County Schools
Hear from Emily Smith about why she teaches at Beaufort County Schools.
Meet Emily Smith
Beaufort County is “home” to me. As a product of Beaufort County Schools, I am honored to teach in the same school I attended as a child. Our community truly values education and offers immense support to our schools. Our district is extremely supportive of teachers and staff. We deepen our knowledge and improve the educational experience of our students through professional development and other opportunities. It is wonderful to work in a district where everyone’s shared priority is our students.
- Self-Contained 4th Grade Teacher
- 2020-2021 Teacher of the Year, Beaufort County Schools
- Grade Level Chairperson
- Member of the Math Leadership Team
- Mentor to Beginning Teacher
- Leader of Third Grade District Wide Math Competition (first place both years)
- 3rd and 4th Grade Math Representative
- Co-Created Our School's "Mentor Tribe"
Teacher Certification Program
Why I Teach
My students are my “why” and drive my passion for teaching. No two days are the same, and I sincerely look forward to spending each day with them. I love building relationships with each of them and playing a part in their growth and success as students.
Beaufort County Schools by the numbers