Lexington City Schools
Hear from Terri D'Amato about all of the things she loves about teaching at Lexington City Schools.
Meet Terri D'Amato
- 6th-8th Grade Math Teacher
- Grade Level Chairperson
- Math Department Chairperson
- MTSS Coordinator
- Yearbook Coordinator
- Lexington Middle School: Teacher of the Year: 2007-2008, 2014-2015, 2019-2020
- Lexington City Schools District: Teacher of the Year: 2019-2020
- Lexington City Schools District: Mentor of the Year: 2019-2020
Teacher Certification Program
Why I Teach
Teaching brings me great joy. And the longer I teach, the more I love being a teacher. Why? It's the energy, the excitement, and the creativity within a classroom. It's the risk-taking, the determination, and the growth of my students. It's the focus, the goals, and the accomplishments for us all. It's the integrating, the reflecting, and the refining with my peers. It's the support given and the support received. It's the new strategies learned and helpful resources found. And it's the connection with students and guidance provided to them.
Lexington City Schools by the numbers
About Lexington City Schools
Start Your Journey
Ready to see what steps you should take to become a teacher? Use our tool to create your personalized roadmap!