Meet Penny Moffitt
I teach in Macon County Schools because this is my hometown. I attended Franklin High School and my high school years were some of the best years of my life. I have roots here and I am passionate about making sure each student and staff member have a positive and memorable experience during their time at Franklin High School.
- 9th-12th Grade Business Education (CTE) Teacher, Yearbook Adviser, Student Leadership Adviser
- 2020 NCHSAA Commissioner's Cup - UNIFY March Madness
- 2020 Started our Student Leadership program
- 2019 Teacher of the Year - Franklin High School
- 2019 Teacher of the Year - Macon County Schools
- 2011 Conference Coach of the Year - Varsity Softball
Why I Teach
I teach because of the beautiful opportunity - the opportunity to greatly impact lives daily. To impact the lives of my students, the lives of my co-workers, and the life here on campus. Student leadership and whole school engagement are two topics that absolutely excite and motivate me. I try to ensure that education transcends in my classroom by providing students with an opportunity to be involved in something so much bigger than themselves. For the past few years, I've been on a mission to put students in a position to lead and ways to get our entire school to unite and be involved in a bigger picture. When you give students a voice and the reigns, you'd be amazed at how much more pride and ownership goes into their achievements.
Macon County Schools by the numbers
New Teacher Starting Salary