University of North Carolina at Greensboro
UNC Greensboro was founded in 1891 to give women access to a college education, and is now one of the largest co-ed, public NC universities. Despite our size, we are known for providing a welcoming and inclusive environment. Our students come from many ethnic, racial, religious, gender, and cultural experiences. Therefore, class discussions are enlightening and inspiring.
- 20,000 students, including 16,000 undergrads, chose UNCG.
- Our students represent 48 states and 69 countries.
- We offer 125 undergraduate majors and concentrations.
- The campus community logs more than 1 million annual hours of community service each year.
- 1,155 companies recruit students at five annual career fairs.
The School of Education is a leading national model demonstrating a large impact on the region. Our brand of local and national impact results in research that shines light on the very best way to teach, learn, and advance while building an outstanding educator workforce. We offer an expansive list of pathways for teacher certification. Many of these pathways are offered at undergraduate, master’s, post-baccalaureate, and post-masters levels:
- Special Education
- Birth thru Kindergarten
- Middle Grades
- High School (Secondary)
- English for Second Language Speakers
- Physical Ed & Health
Both the UNCG campus and the SOE were a perfect fit for me as a non-traditional veteran student. My advisor and the extremely knowledgeable professors truly encouraged me to embark on my educational journey and it has left me with a great sense of pride for being a product of such an amazing program.
Bachelor’s & licensure
Undergraduate Teacher Education Program
Dec. 01, 2023Spring
Dec. 01, 2023Fall
Jan. 15, 2024Fall
Mar. 01, 2024Fall
Mar. 01, 2024Fall
May 01, 2024Summer
Jun. 01, 2024Summer
Jun. 10, 2024Summer
Jul. 15, 2024Fall
Nov. 01, 2024Fall
Application Fee & Annual Tuition
In State Tuition
Out of State Tuition
Ways to Lower Your Costs
Students at University of North Carolina at Greensboro have reduced the cost of their program using these methods. Check with University of North Carolina at Greensboro to see if you can, too!
$100 - $6,000
Grants, Stipends, Scholarships
- Up to $5,500 per recipient - Haggai Academy for adult undergrad degree students majoring in Elementary, Middle Grades, or Special Education.
- Up to $6,000 per recipient - UNC Greensboro Teacher Education Fellows for students in undergrad teacher education programs
- $100 - $6,000 - School of Education General Scholarship Fund. A pool of individual scholarships, each with its own criteria. Awards range from $100 - $6,000 per scholarship. Visit this link for a list of criteria: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X2gpWntAD20K-JypBW4n7KoOB-P9VbGb1i2BdhVYXSU/edit?usp=sharing
For more information visit:Financial Aid Office
Birth to Kindergarten (PK-K)
Deaf and Hard of Hearing (K-12)
Elementary Education (K-6)
English as a Second Language (K-12)
Health & Physical Education (K-12)
Language Arts, Middle Grades (6-9)
Math, Middle Grades (6-9)
Science, Middle Grades (6-9)
Social Studies (9-12)
Social Studies, Middle Grades (6-9)
Special Education: General Curriculum (K-12)
Program Semesters/Steps Overview
American Indian or Alaskan Native
Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander
Two or more races