Mooresville Graded School District
Hear from Kaylor Kaemba about quality education and community at Mooresville Graded School District.
Meet Kaylor Kaemba
Mooresville Graded School District shares my belief that every child deserves access to a quality education every day, even during a pandemic. We strive to meet the needs of all students. We strive to implement programs that help children thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. We seek out ways to serve not only our students, but also the community beyond the walls of our buildings, because we are an important part of our community at-large.
- 4th Grade - ELA, Math, Science and Social Studies Teacher
- 2019 Teacher of the Year
- 2019 National Board Certification
- 2016-2019, 2020/21 Grade Level Team Lead
- MGSD Diversity and Inclusion Cohort II
- Community Outreach Member for East Mooresville Intermediate, helped to run the community tutoring program
- 2019 Co-Presenter at 2019 Pursuing Extraordinary Outcomes in Public Education National Conference
- 2020 Co-Presenter at Rowan Mooresville Kannapolis Equity in Education Summit
Teacher Certification Program
Why I Teach
I believe quality education is a human right in the United States of America. I believe every child within our country has a right to an education in which they can not only succeed, but thrive. I teach to be a part of ensuring all children have access to this basic right. A quality public education levels the playing field for our citizens and opens up possibilities for their futures that many would not have otherwise. I teach because I believe in the power of knowledge and in the goodness of humanity.
Mooresville Graded School District by the numbers
New Teacher Starting Salary