Union County Public Schools
Hear from Jonathan Harbin about how students give him hope at Union County Public School.
Meet Jonathan Harbin
Union County Public Schools is an amazing place to work that invests in my success as a teacher. I am always impressed by the brilliance, the creativity, and the generosity of my colleagues; they have become a second family, and together, we seek to make a difference in our community.
- 9-12th Grade English Teacher
- 2016 Union County Education Foundation Sweet Salute
- 2014-2015 Monroe High School Teacher of the Year
- 2009 Joseph B. Whitehead Educator of Distinction Award
- 2007-2008 Monroe High School Teacher of the Year
- 2007 Time Warner Cable Star Teacher Award
- 2005 National Board Certification
- 2004-2005 Sun Valley High School Teacher of the Year
- 2003 Time Warner Cable Star Teacher Award
Teacher Certification Program
Why I Teach
Working with fellow professionals to grow students who become productive, caring citizens of the world inspires me to teach. My students consistently give me hope, and I leave each afternoon excited about what I do. Every day I work with other teachers who are far better than me and with students who have the potential to walk paths that I will never walk. It is truly a joy to provide them with the tools to accomplish and exceed their dreams. After teaching for several years, I have been able to see my students become adults who positively impact the world around them. I have the opportunity to be a witness to their success, and it is truly an honor.
Union County Public Schools by the numbers