Bladen County Schools
Hear from Dr. Renee Steele about encouraging students to fulfill their purpose in Bladen County Schools.
Meet Dr. Renee Steele
Bladen County has a hometown feeling with neighbors helping neighbors in the face of adversities or personal hardships. If you desire to make an impact while changing the trajectory of the lives of students, this is the place for you. If you desire to be a role model, this is the place for you. If you want to expose students to different perspectives, this is the place for you.
- 7th Grade World History Teacher
- Positive Behavior Intervention Support Coach
- School Improvement Team Chairperson
- Grade Level Team Leader, Mentor
- Started Girls with PEARLS ( Perseverance, Excellence, Attitude, Respect, Leadership, Service)
- WWAY Teacher of the Week
- 2019 C-SPAN National Conference
- 2019-2020 Bladen County Teacher of the Year
- 2019-2020 Sandhills Regional Teacher of the Year Runner-up
- 2020 Go Global Australia
- 2020 NCAE Educators of Color Cohort 2
- 2020-2021 Fulbright Teachers for Global Classrooms
Teacher Certification Program
Why I Teach
I teach because I want to encourage, inspire, and empower students to fulfill their purpose in life. In this rapidly changing world, it is my desire to teach students to thrive in a diverse and interconnected world. I want them to know they can impact change NOW while becoming movers, shakers, and history makers.
Bladen County Schools by the numbers
New Teacher Starting Salary