Guilford County Schools
Hear from Tammy White about the work of heart at Guilford County Schools.
Meet Tammy White
I teach in my district because our vision is transforming learning and life outcomes for ALL children. My district provides a multitude of learning experiences for children from Career and Technical Education to the Arts. Through innovative programs, we provide benefits for students and their communities inside and outside the classroom. All employees contribute to student learning, whether in providing transportation, providing meals, teaching a lesson, or helping to maintain the learning environment.
- 6-8th Grade Band Teacher
- Guilford County Schools Teacher of the Year, 2019
- Kiser Middle School Teacher of the Year, 2018
- Guilford County Schools Employee of the Month, 2016
- Kiser Middle School Teacher of the Month, 2016
- Elevating and Celebrating Effective Teaching attendee, 2016
- Kiser PTA Teacher of the Year, 2010-2011
- Guilford County Schools Administrative Cohort, 2006-2008
- Who’s Who Among American Teachers, 2005-2006
- Kiser PTA Teacher of the Year, 2005-2006
- Kiser Middle Music & Cultural Arts Department Chair, 2002-present
- On-site Teacher Educator, 2003-present
- Kiser Middle National Junior Honor Society co-advisor, 2007-present
- Kiser Middle School Improvement Team Chairperson, 2014-2015
- Mission Possible Teacher Leader, 2013-2016
- Kiser Middle School Improvement Team, 2013-2014
Teacher Certification Program
Why I Teach
Why do I teach? I teach because every day is an adventure filled with learning for my students and me. My students inspire me! Teaching is a work of heart! I am passionate about teaching and consider it to be a privilege. The students keep me coming back to the classroom—not always the ones sitting in front of me each day, but also former students who are now pursuing their lives and passions. As teachers, we get to witness this beautiful human transformation! I come back to the classroom because I want to continue watching students, old and new, GROW. As a teacher, I relish and honor the opportunity to shape the lives of young people. There is a tremendous amount of time, energy, love, and devotion that is given to teaching for students to be successful. It seems cliché, but students do not care about how much you know until they know how much you care! Educators radiate light that drives back the darkness for students.
Guilford County Schools by the numbers
New Teacher Starting Salary
About Guilford County Schools
Start Your Journey
Ready to see what steps you should take to become a teacher? Use our tool to create your personalized roadmap!