Newton-Conover City Schools
Hear from Allison Patton about her love of teaching at Newton-Conover Schools.
Meet Allison Patton
Newton-Conover is my home. I grew up in the Newton-Conover City School District and when it came time to choose where to teach, I wanted to give back to the district that did so much for me. I stay in this district because there is such a strong sense of community and support. We are a family here and when you get down to it, you want family surrounding you as you work together to teach and inspire young people. Who else will love and support you more than family?
- First Grade Teacher
- National Board Certified in Early Childhood Generalist (December 2020)
- 2019-2020 Teacher of the Year, Newton-Conover City Schools
- Presenter of Classroom Management Strategies (November 2018)
- Newton-Conover City Schools Problem Solving Team Facilitator (2018 - 2019)
- Newton-Conover City Schools Teacherpreneur (2018 - 2019)
- Created and Implemented the Valiant Volunteer Program at North Newton Elementary (2018 - 2019)
- Newton-Conover City Schools Curriculum Council (2018 - 2019)
- Inducted into the Delta Kappa Gamma Society (August 2018)
- Third Grade State Achievement in Reading (2016 - 2017, 2015 - 2016)
- First Year Teacher of the Year (2006 - 2007)
- North Carolina Teaching Fellow (May 2002)
Teacher Certification Program
Why I Teach
Teaching is my passion. Ever since I was a small child, I have had this innate desire to help others. I want others to learn and understand things so that they can be the best person they can be. So, when asked what inspires me to teach day-in and day-out... the simple answer is I love teaching. I love teaching students how to read and working with parents to make their child successful. I love planning engaging lessons. You know, the kind where you are so excited you start bouncing up and down with ideas. I love the look on a child's face when they realize that they CAN do it and they see the growth they are making. I find complete satisfaction in pushing my students to make more than a year's worth of growth because I want all children to be successful. I know that our children are the future and I want to be one of the small influences in their lives that lead them to greatness.
Newton-Conover City Schools by the numbers
New Teacher Starting Salary