Thomasville City Schools
Hear from Richelle Rader about relationships that last a lifetime at Thomasville City Schools.
Meet Richelle Rader
I teach in the Thomasville City Schools because this is the BEST school system in NC! I have taught in Thomasville for 16 of my 20-years. This district has allowed me the opportunity to further my education. They have provided an endless amount of training, allowing me to be a better teacher for my students. Our district is a great place to work because it definitely feels like “family”. I have been blessed to teach in a district that supports me and the students of Thomasville.
- 4th grade ELA, Science, and Social Studies Teacher
- 2005 – 2006, Liberty Drive Elementary Teacher of the Year, District Teacher of the Year for Thomasville City Schools
- 2007 Horace Mann Scholar to represent North Carolina to study Abraham Lincoln in Springfield, Illinois
- 2015 – 2016, Fairview Elementary Teacher of the Year, Guilford County Schools
- 2018-2019, Liberty Drive Elementary Teacher of the Year, District Teacher of the Year for Thomasville City Schools
Teacher Certification Program
Why I Teach
I cannot imagine what my life would be like with any other profession other than being a teacher! I have wanted to be a teacher ever since I was in the 3rd grade and I am now into my 20th year of teaching. Teaching has allowed me to form so many relationships with students and other teachers that will last a lifetime. I believe what inspires me to teach day-in and day-out is the way the students are willing to learn, whether it be academically or just a “life lesson”. I have learned so much from all of the students over the last 20 years of being a teacher. I believe they teach me as well me teaching them. I am absolutely blessed to be able to have a job that I love!
Thomasville City Schools by the numbers